Monday, May 4, 2009

Berry Good

Saturday afternoon we went berry picking. Strawberry picking that is.


Every picture of my pre teen is grumpy faced lately!


Gwen having fun!


Me and Graham.

Should I put it in the basket or....


I think I'll eat it:)


Gabby and Graham.


The berry patch.


The 20 lbs of berries we picked!
We have about 1/2 of a bucket left. Piggys:@)


I did make three batches of jam. For dessert that night and tonight we had strawberry shortcake. We whipped up fresh whip cream and I made homemade shortcakes.
I used this recipe.
It is excellent and I could just eat the shortcakes on their own!
We had a great time, it was a perfect family outing!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OH my gosh, YUM! It's going to be a long time before we have strawberries growing but I think we need to find a place like that around here. Those berries look delish!

Michele said...

Mmmmmm....sounds wonderful! Such cute pics of you and the kiddies too!

Hugz,
Michele

Anonymous said...

wow! I have never seen a strawberry farm like that before! my mouth is watering :)
Missy

Unknown said...

Funny about your pre-teen :) We are completely experiencing the same thing here...and just think, in about 8 years I'll have TWO girls giving me the grumpy pubescent glare!