Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Finally FINISHED & Baby Update

The finished project:



I started sewing this little dress over a month ago and had to do it in small increments because the pattern was not the easiest and everything is super tiny. There were supposed to be little pants/bloomers, but there was no way I was going to make them, so over it! The sleeves bug me because they are not perfect, but I was not about to rip them out and start over. IF... and that is a big IF i decided to make this dress again in a bigger size, I will add the sleeves before sewing the side seams . Not sure why the pattern doesn't have you do it that way, so much easier especially when it is that small!



Today I had a Dr. apt and I am now 2 cm and she stripped my membranes, so it could be any time now~ Having some mild contractions, so we shall see!





7 comments:

Wonderfully Sew Knit said...

I'm so excited for you!

The dress is cute too. :o)

BUMBLE BEANS said...

it's lovely! what a sweet dress.

Amy - Park City Girl said...

Her dress is beautiful! perfect or not :) Hope you get some rest tonight - you are going to need it!

annie2006 said...

aww it looks very cute! and.... good luck with baby coming!

oodlesandoodles said...

Oh, good luck!

Wendy said...

Good luck!!

Cheryl said...

Very cute - so glad to have found your blog (via Made by Rae:)). I'm expecting a baby girl as well and love the kinds of things you've been doing - it's nice to find someone with a similar style! Would love to have you check out my blog: sewcando.blogspot.com

Good luck with the new baby!