Sunday, July 26, 2009

Quilt ALong

I am doing two quilt alongs right now. I know CRAZY, but I had all the material so I thought I would try to keep up.

The first one is a week long and I am a bit behind, because I started a day or two late. Hoping to sew at some point today.

You can find the quilt along instructions here. The quilt is a baby sized quilt and is called in the in the leafy tree tops.

Here is a photo of Becky's finished quilt. I just love it!


Join Becky here to make this darling quilt!




Almost all of the pieces cut out for the top. Still need to cut the border strips, wanted to wait to see what looks best with the finished middle section.
The pattern is made with vintage sheets and I used some sheets from my stash. I have a nice collection after the swap:)


Here is the middle of the top all laid out waiting to be sewn together.
This was my first time doing nine patch blocks, they are not to hard. However accurate cutting and sewing are super important as is proper pressing. Take the time it is worth it.


This is for the other quilt along with the old red Barn group. It is going to be a throw sized Zig Zag quilt. I had decided to use vintage sheets on this one even before I started the other one. This one is going step by step each week, this week is pressing, cutting and laying out your quilt top. I still have a bunch of cutting to do. Monday will start the sewing process. Amy is leading this one, you can find the directions here.

It is not to late to join either one. I know there are a few of you out there who have been wanting to try a quilt, this is a great way to do it because you can work at your own pace, yet ask questions if you get stuck! Just do it!

We'll see how far I get on these before baby girl arrives:)

2 comments:

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

That looks so cute! I so badly want to make a quilt, but Im afraid of messing up! I guess I could google directions? I get that you make your blocks and join them, but the rest I'm unsure of.

Kate said...

It is going to be fantastic!