Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Weight Loss Wed.

Welcome to Weight Loss Wensday.

Week one went pretty well for me, I managed to squeeze in 30 minutes of yoga Thursday,Friday& Saturday and a 30 minute walk yesterday pushing the double stroller up and down our hilly neighborhood. Sunday-just didn't happen. I think this should count for something, Monday I went to wall mart and pushed my 35lb toddler in a cart while packing my almost 10 lb newborn in the front pack and pushing a full cart of groceries around the store. I was sweating by the time Gwen and I got the car loaded.

Any hoo... On the food front I tried really hard to eat lots of fruits and veggies and less SWEETS!
I will never be able to give up dessert completely, especially chocolate.

Overall it was a successful week!
I lost 2.5lbs, yes I know the breast feeding is helping, I'll take what I can get.
Only 29lbs left to go. uggg

Didn't get a chance to take a photo of my fat self, maybe this week.

Here is a (free) site I started to use to help keep track of calories. I have been so so about adding my whole day of food, but it is great to look up items calories. They also send you newsletters if you so desire.

One of my blog friends April is making a button for us to use for WLW. I will post it as soon as she is done with it.

I excited because there are a few people joining me this week and more that will be joining later in the next month or so. If you want to join us, email me and I will add you to the weekly email list.

Here are this weeks participants, stop by and leave them an encouraging comment.



Summer Swanson of: Artful Life
Tasha Riley of : Life of the Riley's
April Oritz of:The Art Chics
Sarah Chimblo of: Sew Sarah
From Sarah: "I am participating this week, but will not post about it b/c I have too many work commitments. My goals this week are to eat 2 breakfast/lunch/snacks as veggies/fruits and dinner as usual with my family. I have found that when i make time to exercise, I lose 1-2 pounds/week when I eat this way. The fruits/veggies make my tummy feel/look flatter. Also, I'm working on drinking less soda and if I drink one, only 1 diet. (I totally know the risks of drinking diet pop, so sometimes, I drink a regular soda and then eat no snacks.

I hope this goes well for everyone. My friend Beth and I started a website through ning called "Nomommymuffintop" We started off really strong, but now there's only about 3 of us still trying to make progress. You're welcome to check it out if you want!"


Spread the word about WLW! Twitter, facebook and blog about it so we can get more participants.

I would love to do a giveaway related to exercise or weight loss, hmm will have to put some thought into it.


4 comments:

The Little Miss said...

hey...the free site i use for the little buttons:

there is this one
http://www.makebutton.com/

and but this is the one I use

http://mybannermaker.com/

I would like to join the lose weight wednesday. This is a great way to get together and lose the pounds everyone want to lose!!

Tasha Riley said...

I just did my post! Thanks for helping us do this together!

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Well done on losing this week :-)

I lost a good couple of stone on weight watchers a year or so ago, but the weight has crept back on a bit recently... I have 10lb to lose just to be back to where I was 6 months ago, and I would like to have lost another 10lb on top of that at least!

All the little bits add up though, extra exercise here, less sweets there...

I found the Wii Fit very handy, as you have done half hour exercise before you know it!

Good luck :-)

Rose XXX

colimachia said...

Okay, count me in ! I definitely need to lose some lbs and it will be nice to have some accountability.