Sunday, November 1, 2009

He Only Had to Wait 56 Years....


My grandfather(PAPA) that is.

My Papa was so sure my Mom was going to be a boy he and my Grandma only picked out one name: Steven. He was in the service when my Mom was born and he did not believe my Grandma when she called to tell him that "Steven" was: Sherri.

So for the last 56 years he has been waiting for a boy to do boy things with. After two daughters, two granddaughters and two great granddaughters he FINALLY got two great grandsons.

The boys are now 3 and almost 3(Graham) and can do fun boy stuff.



Eli my nephew and Graham getting ready for bed when we stayed at my Sisters house last week.


My Papa and Graham fixing the mini bike. Papa had a mini bike when my Mom and Aunt were young, that is when they were made. About a year ago he decided he needed to get a mini bike for the boys to ride. There are very few left that he and his friend Steven(Coincidence on the name) know of.


My Pa and Graham on the mini bike.
SO cute!


My little man looking all James Dean like sitting on the mini bike.
He asked to go on it a ton of times, he LOVED it.
It goes really slow- Other wise he would have had to wear a helmet and he only rode with my Papa.



Here they are feeding Pa's Koi Fish and pondering life.
Click on these to make them bigger!!


Who knows what was so funny!


Feeding apples to the neighbors turkeys.


Love the turkey.. he even gobbled at us to show how tough he is protecting his hens.


We went for a walk and along the way were these old cars and Graham says to my Papa" Cool Cars Papa" My Pa says" A boy after my own heart"
To fully understand you would have to know that my Papa has always had a couple of old cars & car parts waiting to be restored in his back yard. Which does not thrill my grandma.

We had a really fun time staying with my family, lots of nice meals and some much needed relaxation.
Yes, Scarlette and I were there too, we were behind the camera:)


We are camping in the new house until our stuff arrives... SOON hopefully!

6 comments:

Joshy and belle said...

oh so sweet! your Papa looks a fab granddad really fun to be with! fliss xx

Kelly said...

Glad you are having fun with your family!!
Looks like your Papa is having lots of fun with the boys, I bet they love having someone to play with!

Lots of Love

Kelly xxxx

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Wow, those are priceless photos!!

Tasha Riley said...

Love the pics of your Papa and Graham looking at the fish!

Devonay said...

Thanks so much for sharing the photos. My daughter and I really enjoyed them. What a treasure!

Scott said...

Awesome post, found it by googling mini bike blogs. Papa may be interested in a website dedicated to minibikes:

http://www.oldminibikes.com