Friday, May 7, 2010

A makeover ...Part 2

 We did a bit more to our back yard eating area, see part one here.

This is how chair number two started out.
This chair was one of my very first flea market pieces over 10 years ago... it only cost me 2$

 And this is how it looks now, the color is more red and less orange in person.

 Here is the table covered in oil cloth to protect it from my children.
When I bought the cherry oil cloth I intended for it to cover the whole table..... well I some how did not order the correct amount of fabric.  Thank goodness I had the green checked oil cloth hanging around and I sewed some on each end and kinds like how it turned out. This is our old dinning room table.
You can see how cute chair one and two look at the table. The chair on the back right is from Chad's Grandmas house and it is going GREEN.  The front right chair I just picked up at an estate sale for 3$!! The table is super long so I want to have about eight chairs since there are 6 of us and usually an extra kid or two. I do have about four other chairs in my garage which have fabric seats, so I need to recover them with oil cloth too if I am going to use them around the table.  Not sure yet.

5 comments:

Nearly there Claire said...

It's gorgeous!!!
The table cloth looks like you wanted it that way, I prefer it. Lovely! Now come do mine! x

Lisa Macomber said...

even though I have see this all in person thought I comment and tell you how cute it is! we got a picnic table yesterday (big big one) and I ran down to Hancocks to look at flannel backed vinyl to make a fitted tablecover and bench covers and the vinyl is all SO UGLY! thinking I may have to go oilcloth, it comes in much much cuter prints.

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Looks great! What a great idea covering the table. I should have done that. The top of our table is really not looking good!

fiberdoodles said...

what cute chairs and I love that table!

colimachia said...

Happy Mother's Day! I really like how the red chair turned out! super cute!