Saturday, June 27, 2009

Summer Fun

My parents generously gave the kids some "summer fun money", at least that is what we are calling it! So far we have had yummy ice cream after the library, gone to see "UP" as a family- we are lucky to have 3$ theaters here and we took the girls to the store to pick out a bunch of candy. It was a cute movie. Yesterday the kids and I had a Mcdonalds lunch and went to Michaels and bought supplies to tie dye, then over to Old navy to get T-shirts for the project. The girls have also used some of the money to go to our neighborhood pool as we decided not to join this year as I will NOT put my beached whale body in a swim suit in front of people! They have lots of places they want to go and projects they still want to do.


Here are our shirts hanging out to dry! Gabby's friend Emily made a shirt too.
From left to right: Emily's, Gwen's Graham's, Gabby's and my huge one. I bought a XXL at old navy thank goodness it is a long t-shirt. Mr. Chad is ANTI- Tie Dye.. He really dislikes it. We offered to do one of his old white t-shirts and he poo pooed the idea. Once he saw them today all done, he said" I guess you could have done an all blue one for me" MEN! We will take some photos in them on the 4th.

Today, the girls made play dough... and Graham and Gwen are playing nicely with it as I type. We are patiently waiting for our tomatoes to turn red, but Chad couldn't wait and picked one so I said: how about fried green tomatoes. He whipped some up to go with our dinner and they were YUMMY! Gwen made Popsicles or popsies as Graham calls them, we got a Popsicle holder at an estate sale yesterday for 50cents.

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer too!

6 comments:

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Sounds like you had a great time! The tie dye looks fun, I bet my kids would love that.

Emily said...

Those shirts are going to look so cute on the 4th of July!!

Emily

Terri said...

Hi I wanted to send out my vintage sheet FQ's but I can't seem to find your address for the swap. could you resnd it to me please. Thanks a ton

Terri said...

Hi I wanted to send out my vintage sheet FQ's but I can't seem to find your address for the swap. could you resnd it to me please. Thanks a ton

Anonymous said...

how fun!
my kids made play-dough today too. it was too crumbly though.
the tshirts turned out cuuute!
:) Missy

Wonderfully Sew Knit said...

I have been wanting to tie dye for weeks...it's just too hot to be outside right now.

Your shirts looks great! :o)