I bought all three girls Toms about a month ago and Gabby's are the only ones that still looked good...which did not make me happy because they are not cheap! Gwen's are they grey pair and she wore holes in the toes and Scarlette has the pinkish pair and they got FILTHY in a week!!
One of our friends had the same problem as Gwen and sewed patches over the toes and threw on a few extra patches for effect... I thought what a great idea.. And a week later when Gwen's toe popped through we knew what had to be done. We grabbed some fabric from the stash and Gwen sewed the side patches and I did the toes.. I think they look super cute.
Scarlette's were a whole different matter until I realized they are fabric and I could dye them!!! I used RIT dye in the fittingly named color Scarlet... I actually love the new color more than the old color!
I'm happy to be able to get more wear out of these shoes with a couple fairly easy fixes.